See monthly dates and times and RSVP for meetings on Meetup.com.
Birth is a significant rite of passage for women. Each pregnancy and birth is unique and offers us a range of experience and feelings. We feel the struggles and joys of carrying our children, laboring, birthing and mothering. Rarely, however, do we find a space in which to share these profound and life-altering experiences without judgment or agenda.
The Birth Story Circle is for all women. Expectant first time mothers to mothers who birthed decades ago. Homebirth, hospital birth, birth center, unassisted freebirth. Moments of great strength and courage and moments of fear and doubt. Even experiences of loss. We carry each story within us. Come share your stories and your wisdom, just listen or do some birth art. This is your space, to speak, to hear, to heal, to remember.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Pregnancy to Postpartum Information
- Birth Stories and Videos (homebirth, freebirth and more)
- Dads and Siblings
- How to Become an Approachable and Empowering Birth Advocate
- ICAN (International Cesarean Awareness Network)
- ICAN Blog
- When Birth Is Trauma
- Writing and Making Peace with Your Birth Story
- Birth Trauma Is in the Eye of the Beholder (includes resources)