Free Monthly Gatherings
See all dates and times and RSVP for meetings on Meetup.com.
We would like to invite interested parents to join us for a child-led playgroup.
This play group is inspired by some of the principles of play, development and learning from RIE/Magda Gerber, Montessori, Reggio Emilia and Waldorf. The purpose of the playgroup is to provides a safe and encouraging space for parents to try following child-led principles during playgroup time with other children. This is a time for the children to enjoy some free play and/or activities (such as sensory play) while parents get some chat time together and practice child-led exploration and learning. The main goal is to support each other while our children work out concepts and conflicts on their own. As adults, though we can set limits for safety, overall we would engage as followers rather than directors. This is also a perfect time for us to support each other as we practice gentle/respectful discipline and peaceful/playful parenting.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
On Child-led Conflict Resolution
- Toddlers Spontaneously Share: Adult Intervention Unneeded
- 5 Playground Lessons I Never Knew I Was Teaching
- Alternative Discipline: Life without Punishment
- What to Do about a Toddler Toy Taker?
- My Children Are People
- 5 Reasons Children Don’t Need “Redirection” (And What to Do Instead)
- How I’m Learning to Let My Children Go
- Respecting Play: Observing and Interacting at the Same Time
- Why I Don’t Force My Kids to Say Please or Walk on Schedule (or share….)